Sunday, August 30, 2015

Community Gardens

There is a community garden not far from our home.  We love to go there on the weekends and walk the dogs on the nearby paths.  I always have to stop and take a look at the beautiful vegetables and flowers.  This time of year, the gardens are amazing.  I absolutely love it.



We had the opportunity to meet a fellow gardener.  After complimenting him on the gardens, he came over to show his harvest and offered to give me two bitter gourds. I've never eaten them before, but he told me how to prepare them. Gardeners are some of the most generous folks you will find - generous with their knowledge and their harvest.  Aren't they beautiful?

2 comments:

  1. I love community gardens. And I've seen those gourds in seed catalogues but never knew what to make of them. Tell us how you liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Community gardens are awesome! Always something to learn!

    ReplyDelete